3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Minneapolis, MN
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to fling open the windows and clean out the cobwebs to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Minneapolis so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to ensure your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in Minneapolis should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for summer. Improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Repair the caulking as needed. Put in window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open and close your windows to check that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
The best way to make your house sparkle is with a deep clean. Begin by decluttering your rooms to open up the space. After that, clean anything you don’t scrub every week such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Wash your screens and windows to remove dirt and smudges. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After your home is nice and clean, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new feel. You can also shop your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you own between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with bright accessories, fresh paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then browse through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for any space in your home. Once you’ve decided on colors and the style you want, you can add matching furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your home is to bring in window treatments that coordinate with your existing styles and enhance your rooms. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you are looking for even more ways to enhance your home, take a look at our design tips. And if you find a look and window treatment that you want for your home, give us a call at 952-856-8130 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you pick the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.